German American Business Outlook
The German American Business Outlook (GABO) is an annual survey of German subsidiaries in the U.S. that assesses current economic developments and trends in the transatlantic business climate.
Are we facing a recession or will the economy continue to grow? How do German U.S. subsidiaries view the coming year? What opportunities do they see in the American market and what challenges do they face?
The German American Business Outlook (GABO) is one of the most important economic indicators for German-American business relations. Every year, the German American Chambers of Commerce (AHK USA) survey German subsidiaries in the United States on their assessment of the U.S. as an investment location.
Discover the Results 2023
German companies in the US profit from robust market size
- 93% plan to grow their company’s US investments in the next three years
- German companies view the US as an attractive environment for future investment; 22% plan to invest more than $10 million by 2025
- 64% of German companies in the US predict growth of the US economy in 2023
- 85% expect their net sales to grow; 30% expect strong to very strong growth; only 5% expect a decline in their net sales in 2023
- Skilled workforce remains #1 challenge for German companies; inflation is another top concern