Energy Efficiency Awards – German Innovation in U.S. Buildings
The Energy Efficiency Awards –German Innovation in U.S. Buildings recognized outstanding achievements of German companies in the field of building performance in the U.S., showcasing technologies and innovations that contribute to increasing energy efficiency in buildings. The Energy Efficiency Awards are part of the German Energy Solutions Initiative, sponsored by the German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, to recognize the positive impact of German businesses in the U.S.building sector.
On June 26, 2019, after a reference project visit to the new Uber HQ construction site, the five finalists pitched their projects in front of a prominent jury and were awarded for their contributions to the future of green building in the United States.
- Behnisch Architekten und Transsolar - Reference project - Karl Miller Center
- Joseph Gartner GmbH - Reference project - Brickell Centre, Miami
- Meteoviva - Reference project - American University
- Vector Foiltec - Reference project - ARTIC: Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodel Center
- Warema - Reference project - Passive House LA+
- Bronwyn Barry, President of the North American Passive House Network
- Melanie Colburn, Pacific Region Manager at the USGBC
- Peter Reppe, Energy Analyst and Design Consultant at Brightworks Sustainability
- Stefan Schwab, CEO of Enlighted
- Steven Straus, President at Glumac
At the official awards ceremony, the welcoming words from the German General Consul Hans-Ulrich Südbeck highlighted the importance of German-American collaboration in trade and energy. Keynote speakers Debbie Raphael, Director of the San Francisco Department Environment and Tony Saracino, Sustainability Customer Engagement Manager at Autodesk, provided fascinating insights into San Francisco building policies, the opportunities for technological innovation in energy efficiency and visions for a greener future.
This project was funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy. (BMWi)
Read more about our finalists and their reference projects in our brochure.