Are you ready for a change? We will help you to pursue the next big step in your career. Discover your opportunities at the GACC West as well as our partners along the west coast.
Career Opportunities with the Representative of German Business
Start as an intern at the GACC West
As a future applicant and intern
- You are a motivated student or just graduated with your bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, communication, social science or linguistic science
- You have a high level of interest in German-American business matters and commitment to our mission
- You have strong German and English language skills, both written and verbal
- You are proactive, able to work independent and motivated to learn about new topics
- You are ready to live in San Francisco for six to twelve months
What we offer
- Exciting and diverse tasks in an intercultural environment
- Working in a fun and modern environment in downtown San Francisco
- Monthly compensation
As part of our consulting team your tasks include:
- Market research for German and U.S. customers
- Imparting of German-American business corporations
- Organization of study and delegation trips
- Handling of daily inquiries that are received from companies interested in expanding their transatlantic business activities.
- Contacting customers and conference participant
As part of our communications team your tasks include:
- Membership administration
- Organization of events and conferences
- Supporting the communications director (Newsletter, Website, etc.)
Your application should include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- At least 2 writing examples in German (for applications in consulting)
Please send your application as a PDF file (max. 5 MB) to kdietz(at)gaccwest.com.
Applicants without U.S. citizenship or a permanent U.S. working authorization must be eligible for a J-1 visa in order to qualify for an internship at the GACC West.
Become part of the GACC West team
Consulting Services | Innovation Solutions
We are excited to announce that we have an opportunity for a highly motivated trainee/ intern to support the Innovation Solutions Department in San Francisco. The intern will not only support the team in daily tasks but will also be more deeply involved in various projects focusing e.g. on sustainability, clean tech, digitalization etc.
What you will do:
- Matchmaking between German and American companies.
- Occasional business travel with German delegations
- Writing reports, industry-specific market studies and project proposals
- Support in establishing business partnerships between German and American companies
- Intensify contacts with German and American business partners via phone and email
- Assistance in the development of market entry strategies
- Consulting German companies regarding their US market entry or expansion
- Support the team on administrative tasks on a daily basis
We are looking for:
- A person who holds at least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Environmental Science, Economics or a related field, Master’s degree desired
- An intern with a good understanding of business concepts and experience in conducting market analysis
- Someone who loves to juggle with words, creates engaging texts and has excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change while maintaining a positive attitude
- A sustainability hero with an interest in clean tech, renewable energy, innovation and IT
- A natural matchmaker who finds It easy to connect (with) people
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and high level of accountability
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving
$2,550.00 per month
November 1, 2019 or November 15, 2019
If you are interested in this challenging and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter with "Internship Innovation Solutions SF" in the subject line to Katarina Dietz, email: kdietz(at)gaccwest.com
Please note that we contact ONLY short-listed candidates.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Communications & Membership / Events
Sorry, there are no vacancies available at the moment.
HR & Administration
Sorry, there are no vacancies available at the moment.
Career opportunities on the U.S. West Coast
Goethe Institut San Francisco
TEACHERS FOR GERMAN AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
The Goethe-Institut San Francisco is looking for highly motivated teachers to join their team in the language department.
Teacher for German as a Foreign Language
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. They promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. The Language Department focuses on continuing education for teachers of German and student activities to promote German as a Foreign Language in close cooperation with their partners in the US educational system. The Goethe-Institut San Francisco offers German language courses and exams to learners of all levels.
German Consulate General San Francisco
Currently there are no vacancies available.
Hallmark Aviation Services
Hallmark Aviation is seeking German, French, Turkish, and Arabic speakers to provide service to our exceptional international airlines at San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
- English proficient
- all European Language speakers wanted
- San Francisco International Airport
Information for companies
We also like to advertise your job offers. Please contact career_sf(at)gaccwest.com for more information.