GACC West | Arizona Chapter
Welcome to the GACC West's Arizona Chapter!
Connect with the local German-American business community and help us to extend and promote trade, commerce and investment between the Federal Republic of Germany and the State of Arizona.
Arizona is one of the fastest-growing, most dynamic economies in the nation. It's innovative climate and lower costs of living attract many global corporations and forward-thinking start-ups. Companies in Arizona have access to a highly skilled work force due to excellent university programs and research facilities.
- According to Representatives of German Industry & Trade (RGIT), Germany affiliates employ around 6.600 jobs in Arizona. German companies in the region include SAP, ABUS, Henkel, M+W, Schletter Inc., ThyssenKrupp, TÜV Rheinland and Fresenius Medical.
- Traditionally Arizona’s international business and global outreach has been underrepresented.
- Since the 2008 recession Arizona’s business becomes less reliant on local industries (real estate, construction) and sees stronger influx of global business.
- Focus on new technologies, the rise of the solar industry showed impact in the business community and has increased the connection with Germany.
- Greater Phoenix is one of the largest and fastest-growing regions in the country. With a current population of approximately 4.3 million, they are expected to grow to 6.3 million in the next 20 years.
Key industries Arizona shares with Germany:
- Renewable energies
- Biomedical and Personal Medicine
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Optics/ Photonics
- Advanced Manufacturing